Hi! I’d probably like to meet you.
- I’m 34. I have wild, curly hair. I have an awesome husband and a kickass dog.
- I did not grow up in St. Louis but you will have to carry my cold, dead body out of here. So many amazing people with heart and grit! This place is chock full of great successes, immense challenges and so much potential. We have much work to do y’all, roll up those sleeves.
- I work at a regional government agency, connecting the region with a network of greenways so we can all live life outside. It was started by leaders and citizens, the concept is teeming with benefits to our entire community (people, environment and economy) and our mere existence is challenging the status quo of collaboration in the St. Louis region. There’s more to it than that, of course, but I’ll let you do the exploring.
- Other things I’m passionate about:
- Volunteering at or for my home away from home – Camp Ondessonk
- Leading a weekly laughter club
- Creating community in my immediate area – Shaw Neighborhood (shout out to the South Grand Chalk Walk!)
- Walking, riding my bike and using transit to get around
- Gently questioning people’s language choices to evolve our cultural norms
- Eating as much as possible at local restaurants
- (I both eat at local restaurants as often as possible and also literally consume as much food as possible)
- Various forms of radical hospitality:
- Being a “Big” with my husband to a little brother through Big Brothers Big Sisters of Eastern Missouri
- Fostering puppies through the Humane Society of Missouri
- Active with Couchsurfing, hosting strangers traveling in St. Louis or staying with strangers to discover new places (by strangers I mean new friends)
- Contributing what my family can to Forward Through Ferguson, International Institute, KDHX, St. Louis Public Radio, Arch City Defenders, Forest Park Forever, Tower Grove Park, St. Louis ArtWorks and Camp Ondessonk